A letter to you from PfD’s Executive Director
As 2015 draws to a close I would like to thank most sincerely those many individuals and organizations that make the important work of Partners for Development (PfD) possible and with whom it has been my privilege to work over the years.
First and foremost to those community residents with whom we partner – while their material wealth is often modest their resilience and generosity of spirit inspire us.
To our other volunteers, including many interns – their intelligence and idealism are always truly refreshing.
- To our volunteer Board of Trustees and our Advisory Board – they are tireless in their support of the PfD mission.
- To our donors and implementation partners, both individual and institutional – their trust in PfD motivates us further.
- To our staff for their long hours, dedication, and courage in times or locations of insecurity. By skillfully partnering with local communities and organizations, and with support from generous donors, our staff are able to create programs that lead to important change in a cost-efficient manner.
- To the many consultants we work with and whose expertise improves our work considerably.
- To our many business partners who often go above and beyond in supporting PfD as a not-for-profit organization.
All of you embody the mission and vision of PfD – and for that we are grateful. Thank you.
The new year will bring additional challenges for us but also opportunities. In 2016, amongst other goals, we will seek to:
- Focus increasingly on changes in condition and behavior that communities themselves identify as priorities – thus, for example, generating more market opportunities and better prices for farmers and their production; markedly improving skills in small or micro enterprise design and management; increasing enrollment by girls in secondary school with the attendant benefits of such enrollment; and creating better health outcomes, such as a reduction in malaria cases.
- Continue to improve management systems so that we operate as efficiently and transparently as possible.
- Explore additional strategic opportunities with other organizations so as to increase impact and reduce any possible duplication.
- Diversify our funding – that is, continue to partner significantly with the U.S. Government as a key donor, but also work with non-USG supporters.
- Strengthen our communications further, from overhauling our website to using social media more frequently and reducing dependence on hard copies.
Thank you for your support in 2015 and best wishes throughout 2016. Please feel free to contact me at any time.
Partners for Development
Throughout all of December we will be sharing stories from our staff, board, partners, and others from around the globe. We can’t wait to share all of the hopeful, engaging, and positive stories from our work. We will be using the hashtag #IamPfD on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Be sure to share the posts that you find engaging and inspiring with friends and family and don’t forget to donate and take an #unselfie of you making a donation and share it with us and use the #IamPfD for a chance to win prizes from PfD.